The School Newspaper of Great Falls High School.

INIWA

School News Week of 2/1-2/5

The GFPS Foundation is hosting a tailgate party for all Golden Age Pass Holders on Tuesday February 16 at 5:30 p.m. Great Falls community members 62 years and older get a Golden Age Pass for free.  The event includes dinner prepared by Culinary Arts students, speeches by the winter sports coaches, cheers from the high school cheer squads and awesome prize drawings.  

Speaking of prize drawings, the annual Academic Dinner will be held February 23rd. Teachers and staff host the event for students to celebrate those with a 3.0 or higher GPA.   The evening includes free pizza, prizes, and entertainment.

Heisey award applications are available in the AP & counseling offices.  This award is based on improvement in effort, scholarship and citizenship.  Upperclassmen can get their applications from Ms. Atwell in the Associate Principals office.

Now some follow-up stories from last week. The speech and debate team is heading to National Qualifiers February 12-13.  The team went to the State meet January 29-30 and did fairly well.  Kaitlyn Radonich and Jordan Pottruff took 3rd in Policy debate, while Emma Loney and Alan Tong took 6th place.  Several members of the speech team made it to the top 16.  This year, National Qualifiers will be held in Bozeman.  We will keep you updated on how the team performs.

The Bison Blueman group performance was dubbed a huge success.  The students performed two evenings, drawing a combined audience of over 1,500 people and raising over 6,215 dollars for their program.