The School Newspaper of Great Falls High School.

INIWA

Grant Provides Summer Lunches

money
money

Montana No Kid Hungry won the youth category in the 2015 Benefis Community Grant Contest. The three finalists in the youth category were the Montana No Kid Hungry’s summer food trailer to deliver free lunch to children at local parks, Equipment and scholarships for Eagle Mount’s Tippy Toes Program for babies and toddlers with special needs, and Quality Life Concepts’ Quality Learning center for children with autism.

This grant allowed the public to determine which one of the organizations would be awarded grants to carry out their ideas to improve the health of people in the community and region  in Montana. The winners were announced on the Foundation’s Facebook.

About 20 different groups submitted proposals in March for the Benefis Foundation’s Community Grant Contest. Benefis Foundation board of directors and staff members narrowed it down to three finalists in an adult category and  three finalists in a youth category and the public voted for the winners.

The Montana Council Boys Scouts of America and Farm in the Dell were awarded grants through the Community Grant Contest last year. The Boys Scouts used the grant money to buy an automated external defibrillator along with CPR mannequins to train scouts to save lives. Farm  in the Dell used their money to buy equipment and seeds to advance its craft farm program for uplifting disabled adults.